Once Gone (a Riley Paige Mystery–Book #1)
- Women are turning up dead in the rural outskirts of Virginia, killed in grotesque ways, and when the FBI is called in, they are stumped. A serial killer is out there, his frequency increasing, and they know there is only one agent good enough to crack this case: Special Agent Riley Paige.
- Riley is on paid leave herself, recovering from her encounter with her last serial killer, and, fragile as she is, the FBI is reluctant to tap her brilliant mind. Yet Riley, needing to battle her own demons, comes on board, and her hunt leads her through the disturbing subculture of doll collectors, into the homes of broken families, and into the darkest canals of the killer’s mind. As Riley peels back the layers, she realizes she is up against a killer more twisted than she could have imagined. In a frantic race against time, she finds herself pushed to her limit, her job on the line, her own family in danger, and her fragile psyche collapsing.
- Yet once Riley Paige takes on a case, she will not quit. It obsesses her, leading her to the darkest corners of her own mind, blurring the lines between hunter and hunted. After a series of unexpected twists, her instincts lead her to a shocking climax that even Riley could not have imagined.
- A dark psychological thriller with heart-pounding suspense, ONCE GONE marks the debut of a riveting new series—and a beloved new character—that will leave you turning pages late into the night.
- Book #2 in the Riley Paige series will be available soon.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“This was a great mystery/thriller, first in a series. It has a good story line, which kept me interested to the very end, and unusually is about a female detective (Riley Paige). , who is a special agent in the FBI, and once given a case, will not quit until she solves it. Its well written, the characters are believable, and overall the book, is full of mystery and suspense. If you like psychological thrillers, you will love this one. Its akin, I think, to the ‘Silence of the Lambs’. A great read, which was a free download on my kindle. Can’t wait for no 2 in the series.” By chris
“Loved the fast pace of this book though felt at one point there were a couple of pages where Riley’s thoughts were repeated to much but overall would recommend this book and can’t wait for the next one as the ending was a bit of a jaw dropper” By A Kelly
Kindle Price: Kindle Edition £0.00, Hardcover £10.99, Paperback £6.99, Audio Download £0.00
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 1385 KB
Print Length: 204 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Word Wise: Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars 684 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #16 Free in Kindle Store